Limetree Bay Terminal is making significant investments in the St. Croix facility to create an environmentally compliant energy center providing third-party merchant storage services to crude oil, fuel oils, bunkers, refined petroleum products, and LPGs customers.
Strategic Location of Energy Center
- Central to the global crossroads of crude oil and refined products trade flow
- Close to vital markets for Central and South America, West Africa, and the Caribbean
- Secure, long-term stability as part of a U.S. Territory
- Operating under a long-term agreement with the U.S. Virgin Islands Government
- Jones Act exemption allows customers to transport crude oil, refined products, and LPGs between the facility and the mainland U.S. using foreign-flagged vessels reducing freight costs
- Extensive, redundant berthing facilities and marine vessel bunkering
- Weather resilience – only three restricted berthing days in last 14 years other than for named storms
- Full-service laboratory onsite with other independent inspection laboratory companies close by.
Central to Global Crossroads of Crude Oil and Refined Products Trade Flow