St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands (March 16, 2020)– The executive management of Limetree Bay Refining, LLC and Limetree Bay Terminals, LLC (Limetree Bay) continues to take precautions against the spread of COVID-19, a novel illness in the family of coronaviruses. On Friday, Limetree Bay president and CEO Brian Lever announced restrictions on travel for employees and contractors unless it is of an urgent nature, and implemented the following guidelines:
- Business travel by air is prohibited, unless there is an urgent business need to do so, and any travel must be approved by Limetree’s management.
- Attendance at any large-scale meetings or gatherings (more than 50 people) must be approved in advance.
- Visits by consultants, specialty contractors or vendors to perform work in St. Croix will require a corona virus risk review and approval at the vice president level or above.
- Personnel who have been in any of the following countries in the last 45 days should normally be excluded from working at Limetree Bay (China, Italy, Iran, Korea, Spain, Germany or France).
- Any new or returning arrivals to the island who are working for Limetree or are living in Limetree housing, will complete a health and travel questionnaire that will be reviewed by medical and approved prior to their departure from their point of origin. On arrival, they will be required to report to Pro Health for a temperature screening before returning to work.
- Personal travel to areas that are hard hit by the Corona virus should be avoided (as of 3/12/20, this includes China, Italy, Iran, South Korea, Spain, Germany, France and the states of California, Washington and New York). If any personnel travels to one of these locations, they will not be permitted back into Limetree Bay’s facility until they have been quarantined for 14 days.
- If personnel come into contact with anyone who is suspected of having the Corona virus, is symptomatic, or has come into contact with others that have the Corona virus, the supervisor should be alerted immediately.
Limetree Bay also implemented prevention measures within the facility several weeks ago. Anyone entering the cafeteria whether server or patron, is required to put on gloves while handling food. Signs have been posted encouraging good hygiene to prevent the spread of any infectious diseases.
Limetree Bay continues to follow the lead of federal and local governments in remaining vigilant and taking every precaution where the safety of the team is concerned. “The health of our employees and contractors is paramount to us and we are monitoring the guidance from both federal and local government so we can take the appropriate steps to protect us all as effectively as we can,” stated Lever.
Limetree is also in regular communication with the local government, and is actively participating in the weekly interagency calls led by the V.I. Department of Health and VITEMA.